Thursday, 21 June 2012
My last FMP piece was originally worked in white embroidery threads before I decided and was inspired to dye it in tea bags to give it a vintage feel. This last piece was a real challenge for me because I was running out of inspiration and energy. I was really worried with this last piece that I was not going to be able to add enough texture, variations of stitch and techniques into the embroidery. However, I am glad I persevered at it and got it done and am really happy with what I have accomplished.
5th FMP piece was to design and make a cuff. I really wanted to concentrate on refinement, and in making a pair of cuff's it added variation into my collection. The cuff is embroidered on gold tulle with wire wrapping a jewellery making technique that I have applied into the design to give it some edge.
The dress and cape are two of the first pieces in my Final Major Project collection in which I designed and made. Dress and cape are inspired by 1920's Art Deco era, 17th and 19th century jewellery as well as Haute Couture Embroidery. The cape is of silk organza dyed in tea with feather and bead fringe. The dress is of hand embroidery with silk organza ruffle fringe overlayering each tier of feather trim and bead fringe. The photoshoot was taken by photographer Deimante Meilune in an abandon industrial estate which was perfect because the theme and mood I wanted to create is about ''In Its Imperfect Setting.''
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
This is my third sample inspired by16th-17th century woven textile and haute couture embroidery. The whole sample is hand embroidered onto gold tulle to create a delicate vintage feel. This sample took me some time to make and develop but I feel that all my hard work paid off, and I am pleased with the progress I have made.
Monday, 23 April 2012
My 3rd piece of work in which I have interpreted into a somewhat contemporary design combining 17th century jewellery with that of Asian bridal jewellery. The theme was to take ideas from the intricate shape the jewellery pices gave and in experimenting with the idea of truning it into embroidery and beading embellishing to create a raised 3-D effect for a jewllery/neck piece.
This is half of the design worked in embroidery and beading embellishment worked on gold tulle/netting. Another challenge I set for myself was to do embroidery work on netting and I am really surprised at how well it has worked.