Friday, 30 September 2011

More Commission Work!

I have been given another opportunity to commission a garment piece for the same lady in whom I designed the ''Poppie'' stole for.
I just spent the evening sewing together a crop top/Clergy bib front to be worn under blouses and t-shirts. The majority of the crop top is finished but I will have to have another fitting tomorrow to make sure that the fitting is just right. The crop top is designed and made out of 100% cotton jersery, I have never really sewed with jesery before and luckily I did not have any problems working with the fabric.
Even though putting together this Clergy crop top bib front is not all that complicated it still worried me that I would get the sizing wrong because I have had to make this piece of garment in a size bigger than the average size 12 in which we as students have to work from. However, things are turning out well so far, and it is helping me to gain confidence in myself and in designing and communicating with the person in whom I am commissioning the work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment